Friday, July 15, 2005

Bienvenido A Mi "Blogspot".

I still can't believe I'm doing this... I am blogging??? Is this me or what? But anyhow, greetings and welcome to my humble blog abode. I wish I could write fluently in Spanish to at least start my first blog in Spanish but my fast fading memory of the beautiful language does not permit me to do so. But for a start, I'll just share one of my favourite psalms in Espanol.

Salmos 84

¡Cuán amables son tus moradas,
Jehová de los ejércitos!

2 ¡Anhela mi alma y aun ardientemente
desea los atrios de Jehová!
¡Mi corazón y mi carne cantan
al Dios vivo!

3 Aun el gorrión halla casa,
y la golondrina nido para sí,
donde poner sus polluelos,
cerca de tus altares,Jehová de los ejércitos,
Rey mío y Dios mío.

4 ¡Bienaventurados los que habitanen tu Casa;
perpetuamente te alabarán! Selah

5 ¡Bienaventurado el hombreque tiene en ti sus fuerzas,
en cuyo corazón están tus caminos!

6 Atravesando el valle de lágrimas, lo cambian en fuente
cuando la lluvia llena los estanques.

7 Irán de poder en poder;
verán a Dios en Sión.

8 Jehová, Dios de los ejércitos,oye mi oración;
¡escucha, Dios de Jacob! Selah

9 Mira, Dios, escudo nuestro,
y pon los ojos en el rostro de tu elegido.

10 Mejor es un día en tus atrios
que mil fuera de ellos.
Escogería antes estar a la puertade la casa de mi Dios
que habitar donde reside la maldad,

11 porque sol y escudo es Jehová Dios;
gracia y gloria dará Jehová.
No quitará el bien
a los que andan en integridad.

12 ¡Jehová de los ejércitos,
bienaventurado el hombre que en ti confía
!

Psalm 84

1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD Almighty!

2 My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God.

3 Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.
Selah

5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.

7 They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion.

8 Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty;
listen to me, O God of Jacob.
Selah

9 Look upon our shield, O God;
look with favor on your anointed one.

10 Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

12 O LORD Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.

No comments: