Saturday, December 01, 2007

God the Provider

Pondering on what has God showed me this week, I realised that He has been showing me that He knows our thoughts and anxieties and that He is the faithful, prayer-answering God. At our ladies Bible study last Saturday, Heidi shared on how God was faithful in answering prayers eventhough it may be a seemingly simple and small need. And thank God she shared her testimony because I remembered what she shared when my faith was put to test on Sunday. We had arranged for a hiking trip up to No. 3 and on Sunday morning, I wasn't even sure if we could make it. I initially cancelled the hike but "resurrected" the plan after Kevin and Sharon said that they'd join us and that Kevin can drive the van. However, I got 2 missed calls from Sharon at around 3 something and when i returned her call, she mentioned that the van key was not available for some reason. So at that point, i panicked a bit cos there was no transport. I called James to see if he can drive or if he would allow me to drive his car and he said no. So eventually, we all went by faith, trusting that it will turn out well. On the way to church, I prayed a very simple prayer committing the hike to God. I checked my handphone and got an SMS from James, asking me to drive his car! Praise the Lord, we have transport. When I arrived at church, I found out that Clement and his cousin, Gary can go on Gary's bike. To my biggest surprise and delight, Brian and Isaac decided to join us for the hike and is willing to drive! Hallelujah! From having a lack, God provided to overflow because by 415pm, we had more cars than we needed. Isn't He amazing? =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so AMEN!!