Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Tale of 1 Cheerio 'O'

Note: I wrote this a few months ago, probably in June or something. It is one of the many unfinished blogs under my draft folder. I think it's high time it makes its appearance. =)

----------------------

My colleague and I usually have cereal for breakfast at the office and it so happens that in the middle of this year, we were both of Multigrain-Cheerios. This is what I wrote to her on SMS one evening:

"I was doing my routine exercise of going under my table to turn off the power switch for my laptop when i discovered something peculiar... There is was, a single Cheerio 'O' lying under the thin space of our desk partition, waiting, longing and yearning to have someone notice its existence. The poor 'O' had most likely lost its way from its box while heading towards being savoured by its owner. There is no certainty as to whether it was your 'O' or mine, as it was lying smack right in the middle of our shared partition. The mystery remains...

Subsequent to the discovery, I did what any wise and responsible person would have done: I lifted the 'O' from under the partition... and dropped it into my dustbin, took my belongings and went on my way. Such is the fate of a stray Cheerio 'O' in Bayan Lepas."

Totally random, I know.. But my colleague, who didn't exactly have a great day on that very day I sent the SMS, laughed her head off.

Mission accomplished. =)

No comments: